Please send your CV and accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CARMA is a global provider of media intelligence solutions. We deliver what matters with people on the ground in 43 countries over 5 continents. We provide media monitoring and analysis across all types of media including print, online, social and broadcast, allowing our clients to make well-informed business decisions.
Our customized solutions combine the latest, cutting-edge technology with unrivalled human insight from a global team of researchers and analysts who provide valuable, relevant and actionable insights.
Our clients include PR, communications, and marketing professionals in all industries in the private sector, governments and NGOs all over the world
We pride ourselves in creating an exceptional work experience for our employees and we are seeking out top talent due to an exciting phase of expansion.
The Business Partner will be the trusted advisor, and facilitator of business discussions for our business in the international region inclusive of Portugal, Malta, USA, UK, Angola & Asia. The Finance Business Partner will work with News Group International and business stakeholders to define the long-term strategic priorities and objectives for the business, the annual operating plans and financial targets. Further, the FBP will work with the management team to define opportunities to deliver strategic objectives.
In this role, you will collaborate with the functional leaders to assess performance and provide analysis regarding market position, competition, and operational performance, and delivery of key initiatives.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Supervising the day to day finance operations, including invoicing, collections, payments, cash flow and accounting function
- The FBP will work with the leadership team to influence day to day decisions, shape strategy and the direction of the business
- Advise on key business planning assumptions, prioritization, trade-offs, and opportunities
- Interpret, explain and drive performance within the business, including key variance explanation
- Interpret and present industry, competitor, and economic assessments in collaboration with the appropriate parties when requested
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and insights on specific issues
- Support the production of the long-range, annual operating plan and financial forecasts and ensuring alignment to R&D investments
- Provide input and guidance to Sales, Product Marketing and Operations teams in support of business development with overall objective of delivering both the Annual Operating Plan and the financial targets for the business.
Business Analysis & Reporting
- Provide insightful analysis to quickly help the business to understand the drivers of performance and any ramifications for future initiatives
- Drive Operational Performance – leverage shared services and standards when & where possible
- Manage the collection and distribution of KPIs and reporting required to drive the Corporate & Foundation Verticals.
- Partner with the Regional CEO to take advantage of new opportunities or correct under-performance.
- Coordinate with international finance colleagues and the Corporate Financial Planning Analyst as well as other key stakeholders to manage the process of generating material for and completing Monthly operating reviews
- Drive timely & accurate management reports to CARMA Leadership and Corporate Finance as required.
- Review & preparation of financial performance, including analysis, commentary, and explanation of key deviations
- Interpretation and explanation of financial information for the Management team
- Provide ad-hoc Vertical-specific reporting when necessary while leveraging standard reporting when possible
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience within a business (Finance) function with business analysis activity required
- In-depth knowledge and practical implication of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Experience of working in an international organization preferred
- Has a strong grasp of financial statements, accounting proficiency, and supporting audits
- Hands-on financial professional possessing outstanding technical and analytical skills
- Certified Management Account or ACCA preferred
- Experience of preparing and filing VAT returns.
£40-£45,000 depending on experience. No agencies please.
In the first instance, please send your CV with a covering email/letter explaining why you’re right for the role to
Nibale Bou Sleiman, HR manager at email@example.com