CARMA is a global provider of integrated media intelligence solutions. We deliver what matters using an unrivalled mix of cutting-edge technologies and experienced media measurement and analysis experts.
With 19 international offices and staff in 50 countries, CARMA conducts research of media coverage in all key geographies in over 80 languages. We are globally active, but also have local experience so whilst most of our clients are international, we are equally adept and offering market specific solutions. Our on-the-ground staff speak the local language, know local customs, and can help you achieve a greater understanding of any market.
CARMA has been providing services to the communications industry for more than 30 years over which time it has grown into one of the most geographically diverse and most dynamic media monitoring and analysis companies in the world.
The Research coders’ main purpose is Filtering and coding news articles and materials captured via CARMA’s various monitoring tools/platforms, identifying issues and coverage as per project specifications and client requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze, collect and evaluate media coverage and research data.
- Scan and filter articles from the database or other resources.
- Sort articles and categorize them as per industry or client.
- Identify and report on irrelevant articles.
- Code and classify relevant articles objectively and upload them to CARMA’s portal.
- Compile article clippings on CARMA’s portal.
- Deliver coding reports to the concerned clients.
- Ensure high degree of accuracy and integrity of coded materials.
- Deliver projects on time and according to client specifications
- Code with accuracy at the hourly rates specified in the coding schedule.
- Write batch reports which include a summary of the coded coverage.
- Illustrate significant stories and highlight key drives.
- Report research coding issues or problems with the research matrix clearly and in a timely manner.
- Report technical issues clearly and in a timely manner.
- Fill on TICK the time allocated for every assignment/report, on a regular basis.
- Comply with CARMA policies and procedures and support CARMA mission and vision.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by direct manager.
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Attention to Details
- Accountability and Ownership
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Commitment
- Time management
- Excellent command of MS office.
Excellent command of English and Arabic. Other languages are a plus.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Awareness and interest in news and current affairs
- Bachelor’s degree in language, political science, mass communication, or any relevant field.
- 1 – 3 year’s experience in a relevant field
Please send your CV and accompanying cover letter to email@example.com.