Read, translate and/or summarize given material by researchers, using specialized dictionaries and translation tools and proofread the final documents after translating them.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Read through original material, as provided by the researchers, and translate to the target language, and/or summarize, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained
- Use translation tools, memory software, and/or specialized dictionaries, thesauruses, and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used
- Research legal, technical and scientific terminology to find the correct translation
- Proofread and edit final translated versions
- Finalize the translated material, as per client requirements, company style and format, and send them to the researchers for consolidation
- Curate newsletters by cleaning/clearing irrelevant content from BODHI or Insight
- Assist in the selection and reporting functions when need be
- Fill on TICK the time allocated for every assignment/report, on a regular basis
- Comply with CARMA policies and procedures and support CARMA mission and vision
Perform other job-related duties as assigned by direct manager
BA in English, Linguistics, Translation or any related field.
Up to 1 year of experience is preferred.
Kindly share your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org