- CARMA’s wins emphasised its ability to work with clients of all sizes and in all categories at the awards. Particular strength was demonstrated in the dynamic and rapidly evolving automotive sector with both Volkswagen Middle East and Honda Motor Europe being awarded gold with CARMA
- Celebrated in partnership with leading OEM clients including Volkswagen Middle East and Honda Motor Europe with its first-ever gold AMEC award
- Reaffirms CARMA’s place in the media intelligence market and specialism with automotive firms and OEMs
- Additional client wins came from the technology and FMCG markets
- CARMA has also announced that the next in its revered series of leading media analysis reports will focus solely on the automotive sector
- PRs and media are invited to pre-register to receive the automotive-focused report here, launching in Q1 2022
2 December, London, UK
The global media intelligence firm CARMA took home four gold and two bronze awards with its clients at the Association for the Measurement and Evaluation of Communications (AMEC) Awards earlier this week, with notable gold wins for automotive clients Honda Motor Europe and Volkswagen Middle East.
Among CARMA’s outstanding AMEC wins were the ‘step change award’ for the best improvement of a measurement journey and the regional award for most effective planning, research and evaluation. In addition to the PRCA Measurement & Evaluation Award CARMA received in April this year for its work with BMW across Asia, CARMA believes these two AMEC gold wins reaffirm that it is the partner of choice for automotive and OEM organisations looking to begin and improve their PR measurement program.
Speaking of the win, Nik Pearson, Honda Motor Europe’s Head of European PR Communications (Automobile & Motorsport) said, “As this is Honda’s first gold award from AMEC, we are delighted with the result. It is a recognition of the huge amount of work, passion and commitment shown by the CARMA and Honda Motor Europe teams to realise a real shift in how we evaluate our activities. This award will only reinforce the dedication we have to ensuring excellence in the measurement of Honda’s communication activities across Europe.”
Commenting on their wins on the night, Mazen Nahawi, Group CEO of CARMA, said, “These awards are so important in recognising the fantastic work of those automotive brands on a mission to better measure PR and help earn the function a seat at the table. Be it BMW, Honda, Volkswagen or any other of our dozens of automotive clients around the world, it’s brilliant to see so many glowing examples of CARMA supporting automotive teams around the world to think in a more strategic way and demonstrate the value PR brings to the organisation.”
CARMA has also announced today that the next issue in its series of industry-leading media analysis reports will be focused on the automotive sector. It will seek to understand and correlate the impact of the media on purchasing behaviour across global markets, triangulating data from the media; social media; search data; and buying trends. The work is part of a series of reports previously featured in the likes of The Financial Times, PRovoke magazine, and more besides. It will be released as a free resource in Q1 2022 and can be pre-registered for here.
CARMA’s full results in the 2021 AMEC Awards:
- Step Change Award – for the best improvement of a measurement journey (Double Gold) with both Honda and Philip Morris International
- Best use of a measurement framework (Gold) with Philip Morris International
- Most effective planning, research and evaluation: Middle East and Africa (Gold) with Volkswagen Middle East
- Best crisis comms measurement and reporting (Bronze) with SAS Institute
- Best first steps on a measurement journey (Bronze) with Chartered Accountants Association (OCC)
Notes to editors:
CARMA is the world’s most experienced media intelligence service provider. Established in 1984, the company has grown today to work with over 3,500 brands and organisations across the world. CARMA helps its clients use media intelligence to navigate and understand the disrupted media landscape, operate strategically, and demonstrate success with industry-leading Media Monitoring and communications evaluation programs. CARMA blends expert technologies, powering real-time data insights, with a global team of experienced PR measurement consultants.
Led by Co-Managing Partners – former FIBEP Chair Mazen Nahawi and current AMEC Chair Richard Bagnall – and with 450+ staff across five continents, CARMA’s unparalleled experience, expertise and client service makes it the first-choice media intelligence provider for any organisation looking to understand the media and refine and prove the value of their public relations.
For more information about CARMA International Ltd, its expert team, and its work, visit www.carma.com
Global Marketing Manager
Studio 17 / 18, Royal Victoria Patriotic Building, John Archer Way, London, SW18 3SX, UK
T: +44 (0) 20 8877 3314 |M: +44 (0) 7979 643807 | W: carma.com |
Agency Lead, Automotive
T: +44 (0) 20 7126 8402 |M: +44 (0) 7730 570975 | W: hannahburgesspr.com |